- Consider the venue and your guests. Most venues now have the option of offering couples a ceremony venue as well as a reception venue. This decreases travel for out of town guest and is a convenient option for the bride and groom.
- The reception cost eats up about 45% of any wedding budget. To cut down cost for winter weddings consider having a cocktail hour that includes 2 substantial horsd'oeuveres. This will allow to have plated meal and your guest will feel satisfied without breaking your budget.
- If planning to decorate with a winter theme and planning in advance look for items after a holiday such as thanksgiving and Christmas. There will be items on sale and can significantly decrease your décor budget.
- Build into your budget to hire a coordinator even if it is just for day before and day of services. This will allow for the smooth and stress free enjoyment of your special day.
- Plan in advance to maximize your budget. Venues tend to raise cost in the beginning of the year. Book your vendors at least 8 months in advance to avoid any increases they may enforce.
· When planning a winter wedding you can still have a outside ceremony. Choose warm wraps for your bridesmaids to help with the chill. This way they can remove them once inside and still have that elegant polished look for the ceremony and be comfortable at the reception.
Nicole C. Bell
Elegant Affairs by Nicole