500ml thickened cream
1 tsp caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 x 250g packet Arnott’s Chocolate Ripple Biscuits, grated chocolate or cocoa powder; add raspberries or seasonal berries to decorate.
- Place cream, sugar and vanilla in a bowl and beat using an electric beater until stiff.
- Spread a little of the cream onto the base of a serving plate. Spread one biscuit with 1 ½ teaspoons cream then sandwich with another biscuit. Top with another 1 ½ teaspoons cream then place biscuits on their side onto the serving plate. Repeat until all biscuits have been used and form a log.
- Spread remaining cream over log to cover entirely. Cover loosely with foil, then place in refrigerator for a minimum of 6 hours to set.
- Just before serving, dust log with cocoa or sprinkle with grated chocolate if desired. Cut cake diagonally into slices. Serve with seasonal berries.
- To add some tempting twists to the cake:
- Brush the biscuits with your favorite liqueur, or strong coffee, before sandwiching together.
- Make a chocolate cream by adding some cocoa or finely grated dark chocolate or cooled melted chocolate into the whipped cream before sandwiching together.
- Decorate the cake with chocolate curls.
- Replace vanilla with 1 tsp of espresso or strong coffee or your favorite liqueur such as Irish cream, hazelnut or citrus liqueur.
- Replace raspberries with sliced banana if desired.